As expecting parents, you are ecstatic about your growing baby… and not to mention the growing bump!
There’s no better way to remember this monumental moment in your life than with a professional maternity photo shoot.
Maternity photography not only captures your beautiful round baby belly, but also the love and emotions that accompany the final months of your pregnancy.
You will always be able look back at these images and reminisce about creating a new life, a new love, and a whole new world.
We want you to feel an look your best! So here a just a few suggestions on how to prepare for your photo session:
Have a look at BUMPS ‚N’BABIES website! The have a fabulous selection on stylish and sophisticated dresses, gowns and tops!
- Colours – I like solid colors: white, black, brown, gray. (Seeing is believing!)
- Fabrics – look for thin clingy, not necessarily tight, fabrics with a little stretch.
- Pants – jeans (any color), black pants (yoga pants work well). It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing maternity jeans with a big, stretchy band. I make it all work.
- Dresses – these can be incredibly sophisticated and sexy, but choose carefully. Look for dresses that cling to your shape, not the loose, comfortable style.
- Tops – I like big, white, button-down, slightly rumpled men’s shirt. Any shirt or cardigan that opens down the front works well
- Sleeves – Long-sleeved shirts tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps also work.
- Necklines – select v-necks, square necks or deep scoop necks.
- Tanks or camisoles – anything clingy, fitted or stretchy in solid colors (white, black, red, blue…)
- Jewellery & watches – in general, avoid them (unless there’s a really good story behind the piece). The BIG exception is wedding and engagement rings! Classic, small and tasteful pieces like pearl or diamond studs make sense and are totally appropriate.
- Special & unique – unusual items like large swaths of fabric in powerful colors like purple, red and royal blue can make for stunning results. Consider saris or large and luxurious scarves. Consider fabrics that are exceptionally sheer or have a little bit of sheen.
But what should my husband/boyfriend/partner wear?
Keep it simple. Jeans and a black shirt or a white shirt make for a great starting point. As a second option, it would be a good idea to bring a second shirt that compliments whatever you decide to wear – i.e. if you’re wearing jewel tones (rich, vibrant, bold colours), then he should wear something in neutral colours. Think about what fits your style as a couple and dress accordingly. Try to avoid pinstripes (they turn into wild disco patterns!) and bold logos.
What beauty preparation should I consider?
- Wear makeup and consider having your hair done. I have a great hair studio just a two minute walk from my studio. Picasso House of Colour offer some great packages for hair & make up.
- Don’t wear anything binding to the shoot to avoid marks on your skin. This includes bras with underwires, ribbed socks and hair bands on your wrist.
With all of that being said, I will work with whatever you bring. Don’t have something I’ve listed? Not a problem! Don’t go buy it. Have something that you really want to wear? Bring it along!